Position: 05°13'N, 109°25'W
Greetings from the Pacific Ocean.
It's been quite a while since we've been in touch but then, this is no
ordinary Christmas and no ordinary wishlist.
We've been a good girl and boy this year, working hard on land and at
sea for our big adventure. There have been many ups and downs but
overall our trip has already delivered the hugely rewarding and life
changing experience we expected. We've just had a tough few days,
dealing with foresail and engine issues but we're back on track now and
getting nearer to Panama every day.
For Christmas this year, we would like your help as we make it to dry
land over the next 2-3 weeks:
• 15-20 knot southerly or westerly winds
• A 1-2 knot east setting current
• A helping hand for the new headsail arrangement that we put in place
• An end to the strange seaweed growing on the hull and in the engine
• A calm hour on Christmas Day so we can bake our last Frey Bento's
Chicken & Mushroom pie and a Betty Crocker's Instant Chocolate Cake
• A fish on the line
And if there's room for a surprise after all that, make it a good one
Hope you are all set for your own travels on Monday night. We'll be
keeping an eye out for you on the night watch so feel free to pop in to
join us for milk and cookies, or something stronger.
Bon voyage and Merry Christmas!
Myles, Eithne & Ashling